Sunday, February 28, 2021

Some Challenges

The setting we chose offers up a lot of issues. It is really great for filming and getting great shots, but the sound quality will not be great. Beaches are notorious for being more windy, and if it is too windy, the sound will most likely be all over the place. I have a potential fix, as I do want to get the dialogue and I am still really attached to the beach setting. I mean, this would make for a nice shot: I'm not saying that we would film in the evening (the wind would probably be too strong by that point), but the ethereal blue lights are exactly what I am looking for. It feels almost personal to what we are trying to convey. I need the setting to mean a lot to the characters, so I am still very much attached to my current setting. So, now for my fixes. I will need to scrounge up some microphones so that the dialogue of the characters will not be scrambled. I will also need to go on a less windy day. On my last visit, the wind was not strong and was more of a nice breeze. I will definitely hope to get the same conditions the day of my shoot. If the conditions aren't right, I'll be ok, as long as the sound isn't too distorted. I plan on doing the beach sounds in post production to really capture the sounds fully, so all I really need is good audio for the characters.



Another problem is capturing the running shots. I still want to include some. I will definitely try to limit it, using more of the still shots of the two characters and capture more of their conversation. I will add more inserts of the background around them to try to limit the two-shots so the opening isn't too static. And again, the dialogue will most be a challenge. I have some ideas as of right now, as the characters are based on some of the people I know in my life, so I do have that advantage. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Film Opening Project

 Here is the link for my finished film opening, Train in Vain   https://drive.google.com/file/d/19eQSra-rVgsP0zq5qaJLOmWI2jo_6rGs/view?usp=...